Website Macdonald & Company
Architecture and Design Recruitment
An international Architecture Practice with a large London office is looking for the Head of IT.
With over 200 people and 3 sites, this is an ideal platform for a strong allrounder, who is equally comfortable contributing to company management meetings as they are rolling up their sleeves to configure or troubleshoot a new firewall.
Someone with a proven track record of technical knowledge, budget management, analysis and data production and IT road map development.
You lead the charge and manage a small IT team consisting of helpdesk and system administrators. Manage all 3rd party contracts and relationships as well as the IT Budget and Strategy, IT policies and systems to support this strong business.
There is scope to drive innovation and change as well as manage the entire IT infrastructure and software estate.
You will indirectly influence the best Architecture in London and work with a cracking friendly team. A strong social calendar, no long crazy hours. Weekly sports events, monthly socials. Yoga. Life drawing. Plenty of banter.
Here are some core nitty-gritty details for the role:
- Experience with Active Directory and either Exchange or o365 ideal
- Experience with Windows Server and Microsoft SQL (administration)
- Experience with telephony, storage and network infrastructure configuration and troubleshooting
- Management of a small IT team
- Understanding of security and business continuity solutions and best practices
- Experience within a company operating out of multiple locations
- Experience of leading projects including the hands-on rollout of various IT technology products and infrastructure
- Experience managing directors and stakeholders ideal
Ideal bonus skills are:
- Familiarity with the AEC industry and related software, such as Autodesk Revit and Adobe creative cloud products
- Proficient with PowerShell or any scripting language
- Some experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers
- Experience implementing or running a monitoring solution